Monday, April 23, 2018

Blog Post No. 6

This is a response to Luna Trevino's "Let's Talk Guns."

Hey Luna,

First of all, I love how much passion you convey in your writing! I can really tell that you are so adamant about gun control regulation, and that you care so much about this issue. I'm with you wholeheartedly. I too am disgusted by the lack of change, awareness, attention, and flexibility when it comes to the way most right-wing politicians have reacted to the obvious rise in gun violence.

Second, your use of facts and statistics to back up your opinions is really well done. This technique makes for a much more accurate and logical argument. Of course, you're sort of preaching to the choir, and it seems that those that need to be convinced by facts and statistics refuse to, but overall it makes your argument much more reasonable. I also love that you mention the constitution and how problematic it is to follow it so strictly. As our society changes, so do the rules that we implement, or at least they should, to fit and align with current issues. Of course, gun violence is a major issue in America, so shouldn't we adapt our rules to fit our needs? I think yes.

Third, I love that you bring up other countries in your commentary! I always use Japan as an example for being pro-gun regulation whenever I'm debating with gun rights activists (to be honest, though, I try to avoid doing that at all costs).

Overall your commentary is spot on, powerful, and very, very important!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post No. 8

This is a response to this blog post. Hey, Angela! First of all, your use of logos (logic and reasoning) is SO spot on in this commenta...